Hundreds of Cases Resolved Throughout Colorado

A crucial ‘sub-set’ of Personal Injury law, a case for uninsured/underinsured motorist (“UM/UIM”) coverage should be pursued anytime an at-fault driver either does not have insurance, or does not have enough insurance, to cover your injury and injury-related damages. The experienced uninsured driver attorneys at Parrish & Jennings are ready to help you seek compensation.

Minimum Insurance Requirements in Colorado

In Colorado, all drivers are required to carry a minimum of $25,000 in automobile bodily injury liability coverage. The coverage of an at-fault driver is the insurance that pays for your injuries if that person injures you in a wreck. Unfortunately, many Colorado drivers do not have insurance, and a substantial proportion of those who do have insurance only have the minimum $25,000. While that may seem like a lot of money, it can pale in comparison to the hospital and other medical bills someone incurs following an automobile crash.

But, if you carry UM/UIM coverage on your own car, you may not have to worry. This coverage is specifically designed to step-in and cover any of your damages that the at-fault person’s insurance did not cover. In Colorado, your rates cannot be increased for using your UM/UIM coverage. 3 CCR 702-5, Regulation 5-2-12, Section 5, B. There are, however, numerous intricacies to invoking and pursuing UM/UIM coverage. At Parrish & Jennings, we have successfully resolved hundreds of UM/UIM cases, both for purely contractual coverage (pre-litigation) and for extra-contractual damages (litigation). If you are injured in an automobile wreck and the at-fault person does not have adequate insurance to cover your injuries, contact the attorneys at Parrish & Jennings to discuss your claim.